“In his blue gardens men and girls came and went like moths among the whisperings and the champagne and the stars.”
― F. Scott Fitzgerald
Scott Fitzgerald’s third book, is seen as the supreme achievement of his career and stands as an honored literary work. This novel of the Jazz Age has been acclaimed by generations of readers. It is a story of the fabulously wealthy Jay Gatsby and his love for Daisy Buchanan. It is an exquisitely crafted tale of 1920s America. The 20s era epitomized glitz, glamour and sophistication. Food and drink were important elements in Fitzgerald’s novel, filled with tantalizing descriptions of “glistening hors – d’oeuvres ” “celebrated sandwiches,” “spiced baked hams,” “salads of harlequin designs,” “pastry pigs,” “turkeys bewitched to a dark gold,” and lemon cakes with tea!
Our servers will be wearing antique 1920s dresses and they will be serving Gatsby inspired:
- Sparkling Juice “Champagne” with Fresh Strawberry,
- Cream Scones with Butter and Grapelade,
- Harlequin Designed Waldorf Salad,
- Pastry Pigs,
- Celebrated Roast Breast of Turkey Tea Sandwiches,
- Crudités in Banquettes,
- Salmon Mousse on Pumpernickel Toast Points,
- Moist Lemon Cake Filled with Fresh Raspberries and Homemade Lemon Curd,
- Peaches and Cream Custard Tart,
- Chocolate Pots de Crème with Grand Marnier Whipped Cream.
For your entertainment enjoy authentic jazz recording played on a beautiful antique Victrola.
Offered each Friday and Sunday, August 4th thru August 27th.
By Reservation Only